Saint Andrew's is the parish church for the village of Ombersley which lies within the Worcester Diocese of the Church of England
The church is a fine example of the work of architect Thomas Rickman. Completed in 1829, it copies fourteenth century styles with a high stone vaulted ceiling and stained glass windows. The chancel of the former, 13th century, church survives in the churchyard and is now a Sandys family mausoleum.
Saint Andrew's stands next to the cross roads around which the medieval village developed and many of the fine timber framed buildings still remain. The church is the focus for worship and celebration in the village with regular Sunday services and special events throughout the year. The annual Summer Fete and the Autumn Harvest Supper bring the whole community together.
The large size of the church, (it can seat 375 now), its airy interior and location in a well preserved village with nearby inns dating from the seventeenth century have made Saint Andrew's a popular choice for weddings and baptisms. It is also a favoured concert venue.
Tower Repairs 2011
Back in 2011 we completed a major restoration of the church tower. This was possible because of a substantial grant from English Heritage, through their Repair Grants for Places of Worship in England scheme. We also enjoyed generous financial backing from people living in the village, visitors and local funding bodies. We are very grateful for all this support. CLICK HERE to read the full report.
Window Repairs 2022
In 2022 we completed nearly 20 years of repair and renovation to our windows. Again with thanks to incredible support from the community and a dedicated team who found many grants . We are a very rare example of a complete set of this style of windows.